Website Development and Hosting
Your website is a digital conduit for your business; a tool for potential customers and clients to gather information about your brand, products, and services; and a way for consumers to make online purchases.
The homepage of your website is the face of your company. The webpages provide the information your visitors seek. The tabs and other applications allow for seamless navigation. And a web designer’s job is to meld all the different aspects of your website to make it coherent, search engine-, mobile-, and user-friendly.
Why bother with the website design and development process?
Getting a new website up and running may be easier now, but getting it optimized is the real challenge. A responsive, search engine-friendly and user-friendly website is essential. Therefore, providing a user-experience is the crux of website design and development.
This is what SquareFish Inc brings to the table:
Consider these statistics on the general aspect of web design and development:
- 39% of Internet users tend to close an image- and content-heavy webpage that takes too long to load.
- 38% of Internet users are turned off with nonprofessional looking websites.
- Given a short amount of time to consume content, most Internet users (about 2/3, to be exact) prefer engaging with well-designed and professional looking websites.
- 44% of Internet users will most likely close a website with no contact information.
Meanwhile, here are the statistics on website optimization:
- 40% of Internet users search for B2B (business-to-business) products and/or services using mobile devices like smartphones and tablets.
- 13% of Internet users go online through mobile devices, while only 11% use their desktops.
- Tablet users surfing the web grew by 30% between 2013 and 2015.
- Smartphone users surfing the web grew by 78% between 2013 and 2015.
- Desktop users surfing the web dropped by 1% between 2013 and 2015.
As such, majority of today’s web design efforts are focused on mobile devices. At SquareFish, the mobile-first mentality is a common practice across multiple disciplines, whether it is web design, SEO, social media marketing, or software development.
The value of usability and user-experience in web design and development are embodied in the following statistics:
- 86% of visitors look for information about products and/or services while on the company’s homepage.
- 64% of visitors look for the company’s contact information while on the homepage.
- 52% of visitors look for the “About Us” page while on the company’s homepage.
- 47% of visitors view the company’s products and /or services first before checking out the rest of the website.
- 50% of visitors rely heavily on the navigation menu when checking out a website for the first time.
- Upon reaching a landing page, 36% of visitors go directly to the homepage by clicking on the company’s logo.
These statistics show a pattern that confirms which website elements are crucial to making it engaging, responsive, mobile-friendly, search engine-friendly, and user-friendly.